Chief Executive Officer (Southern Gulf NRM)
Southern Gulf NRM (SG NRM) is a community-based not-for-profit company, established to provide sustainable natural resource management (NRM) services in the southern Gulf of Carpentaria region of north west Queensland. It covers more than 215,000 square kilometres with diverse bioregions including national parks, important wetlands and the Wellesley Island group. The Riversleigh Fossil Field is world heritage listed.
The SG NRM Board is well credentialed and represents the diverse interests of this community. It has successfully established strong governance practices and a positive working relationship with the outgoing CEO.
With a total of ten staff, SG NRM has been successful in attracting investment and is delivering an exciting range of programs focussed on:
- Biodiversity including funding through the National Landcare Program
- Sustainable Farming through the E-Beef – Smart Farming Partnership
- Weed, Pest and Animal Management
This position requires a motivated leader with a successful track record in:
- Managing broad-based service-delivery programs with multiple stakeholders and funding sources.
- Identifying strategic opportunities and spearheading collaborative responses which build reputation and impact.
- Leading and communicating with diverse teams
- Building and maintaining relationships with community, industry and government stakeholders
- Maintaining corporate governance standards
- Leading change, fostering innovation and building a culture of stakeholder collaboration
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Agricultural science, Environmental science, Environmental management, Natural Resource management) along with business related qualifications will be highly regarded.
It is expected that the successful applicant will demonstrate their knowledge, or ability to quickly acquire a deep understanding of:
- Contemporary NRM issues relevant to the SG NRM region.
- Specific challenges unique to the Southern Gulf physical operating environment.
This is a two year contract with potential for renewal. A remuneration package in the range $130K to $150K including superannuation will be negotiated.
Other benefits include:
- Housing assistance if living in Mt Isa
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Up to 10 days study leave & financial assistance for approved study (negotiable)
- Concessional FBT provisions with salary sacrificing available
- Provision of a motor vehicle with partial private use including home garaging.
The Board has a strong preference for the new CEO to live in or near Mt Isa, with the CEO required to operate from the SGNRM office in Mt Isa. Fly in-fly out options may be considered for an outstanding candidate.
How to Apply:
For more information, please click here to download the information pack.
If you have any further enquiries, or wish to discuss your application, please call Anne-Marie Carroll at Merit Solutions on 07 3220 1166 for a confidential conversation.
Please apply on-line with a current resume and brief cover letter outlining your relevant achievements and motivation for this role.
Applications close Friday 31 July, 2020.
By applying, you are granting permission for Merit Solutions to pass your application and personal details on to our client.